Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More Berries

After the success of group canning, I couldn't help but keep it going at home.  Sarah and I whipped up 5 1/2 pints of Strawberry Balsamic Thyme Jam.




And after that was done, Sarah whipped up her own batch of strawberry rhubarb.  So we're up to 12 1/2 pints for 2012.  My goal for the season is 20 pints of strawberry jam.  Over half-way there.  My overall jam goal is 60 pints.  I don't want to run out again and get stuck buying jam.  It's a little amazing to think about how these berries we picked over the week-end will still be feeding us next April.

Meanwhile, yesterday was the kick-off of our local farmers market.  I resolved to take pictures, but it didn't happen.  I did score armloads of asparagus, garlic scapes, peas, and turnips.  I can't wait to try out some new garlic scape recipes--and to try making some lacto-fermented garlic scape pickles, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment