Friday, March 22, 2013

The Most Reckless Pattern

So the pattern for the new piece is headed into the homestretch.  I like how it's turning out.   I'm interested to see what it'll look like translated into fiber.



What sort of fiber, you ask?  I'm sure you've been waiting with baited breath.  In any case, I'm going to try rug-hooking.  I've wanted to learn for years.  Part of what's kept me from trying has been that the project needs to be planned in advance to get the look I'm envisioning in my head.





Since I tend to work more intuitively, the whole planning thing has been a bit of a stumbling block.   But, this is the year of me being brave, so I've thrown caution to the wind and . . . spent a whole bunch of time carefully planning this project.  It seems backwards, but it makes a kind of sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment