Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Sunshine

Today is the first day of Spring, and although it's bitterly cold, the sun is shining with a vengeance.  Cold, bright days are my favorite studio days.  Cold is my nemesis, so I'm content to cuddle in front of my space heater stitching the textile garden around me.




The white stitching around the appliqués is really working for me.  I started with it because my orange thread was snagging and I'd just had it.  As soon as I completed one flower, I was sold.  The power of each individual flower really shines.  At the same time, somehow the flowers blend together more seamlessly.  I suppose that the seams themselves are receding.

Alongside the roses, I'm working on plans for another project, still in the sketch phase.




It's not fully ready for the light of the blog, though it also benefits from the light of day.


No comments:

Post a Comment