Monday, March 11, 2013

Sunny Patchwork On A Gloomy Day

We haven't seen the sun in days.  What a waste of all that extra daylight.  I've been filling up all the gloom with patchwork bathmats.





After trying every conceivable binding, I finally settled on no binding.  It was so labor-intensive and the results were not awesome.  So I switched gears and decided to use a zig-zagged edge, which is just about my favorite thing in the world anyway.  The results are more me than any binding ever would have been, I think.  Now I'm dreaming of a serger to really lock down those edges!

Here's the newest piece.  I like that, by offsetting the squares, I get the illusion of more pattern.  It also saves me fussing over those perfect corners.


Unfortunately, Josie is not impressed by any of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment