Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bye Baby Bunting

Personally, I'm ready for Spring.  But since we're finally experiencing Winter, I guess I'd better just enjoy where I am.

This year, March is a busy month, with St. Patrick's Day, Spring Break, and Easter.  Work in the studio is looking awfully Easter-like to me.

My photographer friend Jill needed an Easter-like bunting for her Easter photo sittings.  Here's what I came up with.  I used vintage sheets and vintage bunting along with a teal polka-dot fabric from the thrift store, circa who-knows.









I'm pleased with how it turned out.  I had intended to use pinking shears and make a one-sided bunting.  However, my pinking shears went MIA and so I made a much more awesome reversible bunting.  A happy accident, I say.

Meanwhile, embroidery marches ever on.





We're also looking forward to a St. Patrick's Day potluck replete with corned beef and cabbage.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment