Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gardening Notes

On Mother's Day, we finally got around to getting our 2012 garden going.  We have big plans to grow a lot more of our own food this year.  We have a good-sized area.  I've never been a very successful gardener.  I'm going to keep trying, though.

Things were looking pretty sad before we got going.


However, Elly's chives were flourishing with neglect.


We had a number of random tomatoes sprout from last year's dropped Sungolds.


We also had a celery seed that overwintered.


Sarah in sunshine; it was a gorgeous day.



This is mud Kombucha in progress in Elly's mud kitchen.


The mud kombucha was inspired by actual Kombucha that I've been working on.


I received a SCOBY from a good mama friend of mine to get started.  Initially, handling the SCOBY seemed like possibly the most disgusting thing ever.  And my first few batches were yucksville.  But I think I have the hang of it now and am officially a Kombucha devotee.

I like it even better in a mason jar with my new CUPPOW lid.




No comments:

Post a Comment