Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome, Spring!

I have to confess, Spring is not usually my favorite season.  It is generally too windy and too rainy.  I prefer Summer.  However, now that it's been 80 degrees for over a week, I may have to reevaluate my stance on Spring.

We have a lovely Chicago-style back deck with a scenic view of the alley as far as the eye can see.


But soon we'll have some leaves to look at, and to keep the neighbors from looking at us.


We've been logging some serious deck time.  And I'm thinking gardening is on the horizon.

It's even Springy inside.  Here is the view from my sewing space.  Note the green grass and blinding sunlight.


It's the next best thing to being outside.  It also gave me a great view of my cat falling out of the window.  Somebody left the screen up (Ellis) and somebody else opened the window and didn't notice the screen was up (me) and Josie thought, well, why not?  She was fine, by the way.

On the thrifting front, my friend Erin and I did a little St. Patrick's Day shopping.  For $12 total, I scored new tap shoes for Ellis ($25 from the non-thrift store), shorts for Ellis, a vintage muffin tin for our mud kitchen, some vintage thread and a doily, some books, an enamelware pan, and some kitchen utensils.  All in all, a very good day.




Isn't that sewing book gorgeous?  And that serving spoon with the flowers?  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment