Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


Hello, 2012!  This year I went with the old standard resolutions to eat better, exercise more, and live creatively.  Ellis has resolved to go over to his cousin's house today.  Hmm.  Maybe I need to explain the concept of resolution a bit more thoroughly.


Meanwhile, 2011's parting gift to me was a stellar 75% off everything estate sale yesterday.  I scored an entire box of goodies for $10.50.  The down side was the house where the sale was held was a total mold-fest. It smelled much like I imagine New Orleans smelled post-flood.  And the basement was a bit tragic, as it was filled with amazing old women's magazines, all of which were moldy.  I'm trying to get the yuck out of the linens I bought.  I'm hopeful on most of it.  Hopefully I'll have some pics tomorrow.

I did a little re-crafting for Ellis' room. I'd made him a name banner years ago but it was getting a little ragged. So I reused the letters from the old banner for this new one.  New to him, anyway.


I also started a new embroidery piece.  I'm enjoying the process of drawing directly onto cloth with pencil and then stitching over the lines.  This gives a depth to the drawings that helps to short-circuit my inner critic.  I'm not sure how archival pencil is, but that's really the problem of a museum down the road, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment