Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween, Making It Myself, Swords

Ellis wanted to be a Power Ranger for Halloween.  My heart broke a bit.  Were we entering the realm of the store-bought, mass-media, marketing costume?  And how did he even know what a Power Ranger was, anyway? Still, I had to keep the dream of the homemade costume alive.  So, I made a Blue Power Ranger costume.  It's weird but I'm pretty proud of it.

Since I don't really even know what a Power Ranger is, I did have to do some "research."  I wanted a blend of homemade idiosyncrasy and authenticity.





I think I achieved it.  Special thanks to Sarah for thrifting the foundation pieces!





And yes, we made him a sword.  My feelings about that are so complicated that I can't really blog it right now.  Maybe another time. . .   In any case, he was pretty excited about the whole thing.


Of course, we also did the obligatory pumpkin carving (a tradition I don't enjoy personally, but I'm willing to take one for the team.)










A very good Halloween.  Now I just have to get through this election, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and I'm home free.  Oh, and write my NaNo novel.  Easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment