Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

I'm 39 today.  I am a big fan of my birthday.  I'm not one to sit back and wait for people to remember me.  Nope.  I'm happy to tell everyone.  I'll even wear a party hat if I need to.  We should all celebrate our births.  It's good to be alive and to rejoice in the anniversary of it.

For this one, I spent the morning thrifting.  Hooray for a surprise half-off sale at Unique.  Happy Birthday to me, indeed.  It was pink vintage linens day throughout the Chicago area.




Look at this cheery crocheted afghan.  I have such a weakness for these in bright colors.




Apparently, so does Ruby.




I guess she approves.

For the afternoon, I have the house to myself to do whatever I want.  Of course, I'm outrageously dull and will spend it finishing sewing the binding on my stashy quilt.  Pretty raucous, huh?




Tonight we are headed out for margaritas.  We have a babysitter and everything.  My birthday is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment