Friday, August 3, 2012

Scraps

Quilting and patchwork produce some truly beautiful scraps.




I love the way these little bits look together.  For the hoarder in me, they are hard to toss.  I tend to save them.



Since I was at a pause in my new quilt project (turns out I need a bit more linen yardage and haven't been able to get to the thrift store yet), I satisfied my patchwork obsession and my stash busting mission by piecing with scraps.





I was sort of amazed at how quickly a pile of nothing turned into lovely cloth, suitable for all kinds of things.  It was sort of like magic.  I do have some plans brewing for these pieces and some of the other, more elaborate scraps I have hanging around.


Josie is pretty excited about it.  She just loves scraps.



No comments:

Post a Comment