Sunday, April 15, 2012

Catching Up

I wish I could say I was feeling all the way better.  I'm not yet, but I do have more energy.  Today I took advantage of that energy and checked a few things off of the to do list.

Made Lavender Body Wash for all of us.  (These pictures are all pretty dark; it's a rainy day in Chicago.)




Made vegetable broth from scraps.




Cleaned out the fridge. (This isn't my fridge.  Even clean, it's too gross to photograph very well.)


Gave the kitchen a long-overdue cleaning.  Unfortunately, the above projects messed it right back up again.

Painted a frame Gypsy Pink, the world's greatest color.  If I could, I'd paint everything I own in it.




I also picked up the dining room.  That room still bugs me.  I don't think I've ever had a dining room that really worked.  They always end up being giant catch-alls for everything else.  Personally, mine is just a big old mess.  Our best dining room was just a section of our living room in our last apartment.  Definitely the most successful.  Too bad Chicago architects were heavy into dining rooms back in the day.  So I keep picking it up and it keeps on just getting messy again.

On the arts and crafts front, I crocheted a quick cotton washcloth, inspired by this but way quicker and cheaper.



I'm working on a few other things, but don't have good pictures yet.  I'm particularly excited about designing my own garden journal.  It totally makes up for the fact that I'm having real trouble finding an affordable local source of organic soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment